Sunday, January 21, 2007

new england patriots collpase colts comeback

Alright I'm going to admit, I turned the TV off after Samuel took that INT to the house. But, since I did have money on the game, I decided to come back. (How about that classic Manning face after the pick six though??) To my suprise, some how the most hated team on my list chokes/collapses and the Colts beat the Patriots AND I won some money.

The Patriots were up 18 points, seemingly every drive started at the 40 or closer, and Brady didn't need to look deep until 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Larry Maroney fumbled the ball inside their 5 yard line while about to enter the end zone. The ball bounces around for what seemed like an eternity, a heads up and extremely lucky play by a patriots play punches the ball towards the endzone where it lands basically in the hands of their center for a score. This play was so strange I said instantly the game was over in though there were 5 minutes gone in the 1st quarter and the score 7-0. This was the one time I am glad I was wrong.

Manning didn't quit, made some plays and kept going point for point with Brady. The Pats took the lead with less than four minutes left with a field goal. For some strange reason after the Pats defense forces a punt, Brady drops back to pass on the next three plays and a punt is sent into the endzone. The Colts miraculously succeed in moving the ball down the field. Then a mysterious "shot to the helmet" 15 yard penalty is called. I did not see this penalty on any replay they showed and for the first time a penalty when against the Pats. rare.

After some debate as to whether the Patriots actually let the Colts walk into the endzone untouched with a minute left or not, the Colts scored easily on a 3rd down play from the 2.

more quick thoughts
  • Reche Caldwell has the worst hands and biggest eyes I have ever seen. He dropped an easy touchdown and dropped another one that could have been walked in for another.
  • Manning outplayed Brady today
  • Larry Maroney was a no show BIG TIME.
  • The Colts special teams nearly cost them this game, awful kick coverage.
  • The over in big games seems to always be a lock.
  • I think Reggie Wayne had money on this game, nearly fumbling then luckly catching the fumble in mid air, and tripping all over the place.
  • The Patriots seem to get every original call on the field by the officials until the hit to the helmet.
  • Tom Brady doesn't take sacks.
  • The last 2 game winning or tying drives in the 4th quarter with the game on the line Brady has thrown an interception.
  • I start school again tomorrow this sucks
Lets go Bears I don't like Dungy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home